- Dancers, Musicians, researchers and all people interested in dance and dance related things
We understand that different cultures have different approaches and sensibilities about what's appropriate and what's not. Dancilla is a global platform for the topic dance and may include content that is not appropriate for all cultures, religions or ages.
The following is an attempt giving some guidelines of how we define what content is appropriate for Dancilla. These guidelines will change over time and with the input of our members.
Content and behaviour on Dancilla shall follow these rules
- respectful behaviour towards other users
- avoid (negative) stereotypes towards race, religion, culture etc. unless material made available for scientific purposes that includes annotations mentioning the reasons
- content that is related to dance in any form (which also includes clothing, traditions, rating systems, dance-related physics...)
- respect the copyright and intellectual property of the owners and creators. Only upload material that you made or that you are authorized to use. This means don't upload material you didn't make, or use content in your materials that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, texts, or videos made by other users, without necessary authorizations.
- shall respect the privacy of users and members
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view.
Content and behaviour on Dancilla must not include
- hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- non-dance related nudity or sexually explicit content (e.g. images of Striptease dancing would be allowed)
- Everyone hates spam. Don’t create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
We Enforce These Guidelines
Okay, this one is more about us than you. YouTube staff review flagged videos 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate our Community Guidelines. When they do, we remove them. Sometimes a video doesn’t violate our Community Guidelines, but may not be appropriate for everyone. These videos may be age-restricted. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination. If your account is terminated, you won’t be allowed to create any new accounts.
Dancilla is for the Community
Remember that this is your community! Each and every user of Dancilla makes the site what it is, so don't be afraid to dig in and get involved!
- Have fun with the site. There's a lot to see here, and lots of folks making amazing stuff—one of them might be you! Equipment's getting cheaper and easier to use all the time, so dive in and enjoy.
- Let folks know what you think. Feedback's part of the experience, and when done with respect, can be a great way to make friends, share stories, and make your time on Dancilla richer. So leave comments, rate and comment videos, discuss topics that affect you, enter contests of interest—there's a lot going on and a lot of ways to participate.
That's it! Thanks for reading!
The Dancilla Team